"And they live happily ever after", a phrase usually used in Disney films to quote the joining of two people in love. A belief most avid fairy tale fan put at heart, that when you see your prince charming its all smiles, happiness and love.
For the most part, it is. However, there are also steep and rocky sides of it which Disney films did not teach us, hurdles and obstacles are also evident. For relationships aren't the intertwining of two perfect people, but two imperfect people perfect for each other. Real love is not a Disney Film. There are ups and downs. It is when people choose to be with each other and to love one another despite the differences.
I for one admits that I am not perfect, my partner isn't either. Unwanted words was spoken , Unacceptable deeds done, and suddenly, silence took its toil. Although hurtful, my love for my partner stays no matter how steep it would become.
I am not good with words, only with writing, so I am expressing my emotions through this simple blog post. My mind is in the verge of giving up, but my heart wants to fight and understand because I made a promise with God not so long time ago " to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part. " This debacle in our relationship, made me realize how much I love him and I am constantly praying that everything will be alright whatever it will be. Although I know this wouldn't be the last, I hope our love will stay strong.
Comments
Post a Comment