Went early for my daily yoga and meditation ritual today. I became acquainted with new faces and become a little bit more comfortable with people in my new place lately. I guess smiling and being friendly all the time and the ability to learn a couple of languages had somewhat did the trick. An Asian learning to speak Norwegian and French at the same time is very odd for them (at least that's what they told me). yay! :)
Learning a language was never my hobby before. I think its kind of weird and tiring. I hate studying but when I was given the mandatory task of learning French language, I slowly acquire the passion of appreciating different tongues. In learning different languages, we discover the culture and tradition that goes with it which I think is very interesting. Its also an easy way of making a lot of friends from different cultures.
In learning a foreign language:
1. You can make new friends
Not all people in other countries know how to speak English. Most of them prefer to speak their native tongue which I think is very fascinating. I am also a firm believer of this saying
If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head.
If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.
(Nelson Mandela)
2. You can learn the culture and tradition of the country
When you speak a foreign language, you can also discover how the people in a country thinks and it is also a good way to better understand their culture.
3. You can understand your culture and language better
Learning a foreign language helps you understand your own language and culture better through comparison, or through the relationship between the foreign language and your mother tongue. For example, studying Spanish in school taught me an incredible amount of Cebuano (Philippine language), because Cebuano has so many words that come from the Spanish.
4. You can talk to friends without other people understanding it
If you and some of your friends learn a foreign language, you'll be able to talk to each other without other people having a clue what you're saying. This works best if you choose a language few people study, such as Norsk.
5. You can also make your mind healthy
Learning a second language has been proven to delay the onset of dementia.
Learning a language was never my hobby before. I think its kind of weird and tiring. I hate studying but when I was given the mandatory task of learning French language, I slowly acquire the passion of appreciating different tongues. In learning different languages, we discover the culture and tradition that goes with it which I think is very interesting. Its also an easy way of making a lot of friends from different cultures.
In learning a foreign language:
1. You can make new friends
Not all people in other countries know how to speak English. Most of them prefer to speak their native tongue which I think is very fascinating. I am also a firm believer of this saying
If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head.
If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.
(Nelson Mandela)
2. You can learn the culture and tradition of the country
When you speak a foreign language, you can also discover how the people in a country thinks and it is also a good way to better understand their culture.
3. You can understand your culture and language better
Learning a foreign language helps you understand your own language and culture better through comparison, or through the relationship between the foreign language and your mother tongue. For example, studying Spanish in school taught me an incredible amount of Cebuano (Philippine language), because Cebuano has so many words that come from the Spanish.
4. You can talk to friends without other people understanding it
If you and some of your friends learn a foreign language, you'll be able to talk to each other without other people having a clue what you're saying. This works best if you choose a language few people study, such as Norsk.
5. You can also make your mind healthy
Learning a second language has been proven to delay the onset of dementia.

Comments
Post a Comment