I had been away from my country for 8 months now. Sadly, I see pictures on facebook everyday and whenever I see things from my hometown, I feel that strong urge to go back even for just a day but that is far from possible at the moment. So I decided to list a couple of things I miss.
1. Food
I terribly miss Asian food. I had been eating a lot of it in my 26 years of existence. I miss how flavorsome the ginabot is, how crispy and oozing with saltiness the lechon is and most importantly, my father's "inun-unan and sweet and sour" recipe. Just thinking of it makes me drool.
2. Beach
Although there are a couple of scenic beaches here in Miami, I would still like to dive to the naturally magnificent beaches in the Philippines. Ohhh I love to swim though I do not know how. hahaha..
A secret: I have my own life jacket left in the Philippines, one of the many reasons I love diving in my hometown and not in here because I might drown. hahaha :)
3. Friends
I miss my "hang out" buddies. Though a number of them had left our hometown too but knowing that I can meet some of them even for a while makes me happy.
4. Speaking my language
I am convinced I can speak English, but speaking my native tongue is really more comforting to me. I can express myself well. I miss saying "asnik man ng afam kauban nimo mama?" lol
5. Family
Even though I talk to them everyday, I miss my parents and my brother so much. I miss them oooohhh so much, I never get to hug them when I left. I miss them.
1. Food
I terribly miss Asian food. I had been eating a lot of it in my 26 years of existence. I miss how flavorsome the ginabot is, how crispy and oozing with saltiness the lechon is and most importantly, my father's "inun-unan and sweet and sour" recipe. Just thinking of it makes me drool.
2. Beach
Although there are a couple of scenic beaches here in Miami, I would still like to dive to the naturally magnificent beaches in the Philippines. Ohhh I love to swim though I do not know how. hahaha..
A secret: I have my own life jacket left in the Philippines, one of the many reasons I love diving in my hometown and not in here because I might drown. hahaha :)
3. Friends
I miss my "hang out" buddies. Though a number of them had left our hometown too but knowing that I can meet some of them even for a while makes me happy.
4. Speaking my language
I am convinced I can speak English, but speaking my native tongue is really more comforting to me. I can express myself well. I miss saying "asnik man ng afam kauban nimo mama?" lol
5. Family
Even though I talk to them everyday, I miss my parents and my brother so much. I miss them oooohhh so much, I never get to hug them when I left. I miss them.
Comments
Post a Comment