Skip to main content

solitary life

I have been in constant connection with nature for months now which I seldom do before. I never thought that I would love silence, fresh air, the beach and just drown myself with my own thoughts. This is a total antipode of me.

Going back on my memory lane, I often remember myself with friends. I browsed my facebook account and saw various pictures of me with friends “min venner” as what they call themselves. I was never alone. I used to always go with the crowd and just go where my feet takes me. My life revolved around my friends.

When I stepped out of the house, it was then I realized life should not be like that. Our life should have a planned direction of its own.We should have a goal for ourselves because in reality, people just come and go. More often than not, you are left solo. Spending time with nature and embracing a solitary life is sometimes better because its then you are sure it is constant, unchangeable..







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

signs that you would soon be invisible in the calendar

Approximately 3 months from now, I would soon be a year older. Middle adulthood would soon be welcoming me with open arms. I had barely noticed that my age would shortly fall off the calendar anytime soon until I observe these red lights which made me realized "Ohh! I am getting old.. WAIT!" hahaha :) I know that I am not getting any younger and I have to put myself in perspective but I never thought that old age is very very excited to see me.. hahaha  :)  Here are some signs that might help you realize that you are not getting any younger. 1. Bar nights turned to coffee dates or movie marathons Gone are the days when you want to party all night and drink til you drop sessions. You seem to be contented with coffee dates and movie marathons because you realize that drinking leads to hangovers which won't do you any good. 2. Your Facebook news feed is flooded with babies or married friends Everyday, I check out my Facebook feed to see what my family and fri...

I am a language buff!

Went early for my daily yoga and meditation ritual today. I became acquainted with new faces and become a little bit more comfortable with people in my new place lately. I guess smiling and being friendly all the time and the ability to learn a couple of languages had somewhat did the trick. An Asian learning to speak Norwegian and French at the same time is very odd for them (at least that's what they told me). yay! :) Learning a language was never my hobby before. I think its kind of weird and tiring. I hate studying but when I was given the mandatory task of learning French language, I slowly acquire the passion of appreciating different tongues. In learning different languages, we discover the culture and tradition that goes with it which I think is very interesting. Its also an easy way of making a lot of friends from different cultures.  In learning a foreign language: 1. You can make new friends Not all people in other countries know how to speak English. Most of the...

Black Hole

At some point, we view our life as a black hole. It seem too dark that all you see is uncertainty, depression and skepticism. Lack of money, impending death, failures in one's career and many other things can be a source of a black hole. These tenebrous moments are sometimes hard to manage. Its like breaking your bones and squeezing your mind like a balloon that may begin to explode any second. More often than not, it puts people's breaks on  and pushes them to quick sand until they drown to death. Foolish isn't it?  This may sound absurd but that's reality. At times, caliginous experience is the cause of a man's downfall. I would strongly say that these are often the fate of people who views a glass as half empty instead of half full. On the flip side, if we fix our eyes on that tiny hole surrounded by darkness, we would view things differently. We would see Hope. We would see Light. We would see Opportunity. Fastening our gaze to positive points that might ha...