I had stayed in the country of Vikings for 5 months. Viking countries are also known as Scandinavian countries which are made up of the three northern countries, Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Viking is the term used to call for people living in these countries. They are popularly known as Germanic Norse seafarers from Scandinavia who raided and traded countries across Europe. They were viewed as violent, piratical heathens. However, Apart from the misconceptions about these people, Vikings nowadays are the total antipodes of this definition.
The moment I stepped foot in Scandinavia (Denmark), I had noticed a totally friendly atmosphere. Strangers whom I bumped across the street would smile. I did not know how to respond so I smiled back ( a whole new thing). They are also very accommodating whenever you ask some questions but then you have to speak Danish, Norsk or Swedish in order to communicate. Language Barrier is the number one problem for foreigners since some cannot speak English especially old ones. The good thing is that, if you know how to speak just one Scandinavian language like Norsk, people in Denmark or Sweden can understand you since their language is very similar to each other except the accent.
When you go around Copenhagen, you would be totally amused since almost all people wear black. Coming from a country where people usually wear colorful clothes,this is very odd. Clothes, Food and almost all things are expensive since tax is in towering heights. Bike is the most preferred mode of transportation. Metro, train, bus and cars are only preferred in long travels. They believe in preserving the freshness of their air and that is what I love most about this country. Air is indeed very fresh. Cleanliness and hygiene all over the country is highly observed. There are less or no garbage at all and almost all places are spotless.
Danes love to drink a lot of beer for relaxation and warmth. It is no surprise that there are several types of beer in every special occasion of the year such as Christmas beer, Easter beer and so on. They have various tastes and levels of strength.
A love for their cultural heritage is very evident. The Little Mermaid which was popularly written by Hans Christian Andersen has a small statue in a certain area surrounded by water and is one of the most popular tourist destination in Denmark. Legoland, Amalienborg palace, Christiania, Nyhavn are also popular destinations.
In a nutshell, I would say that the country of Vikings is a great place to visit.
The moment I stepped foot in Scandinavia (Denmark), I had noticed a totally friendly atmosphere. Strangers whom I bumped across the street would smile. I did not know how to respond so I smiled back ( a whole new thing). They are also very accommodating whenever you ask some questions but then you have to speak Danish, Norsk or Swedish in order to communicate. Language Barrier is the number one problem for foreigners since some cannot speak English especially old ones. The good thing is that, if you know how to speak just one Scandinavian language like Norsk, people in Denmark or Sweden can understand you since their language is very similar to each other except the accent.
When you go around Copenhagen, you would be totally amused since almost all people wear black. Coming from a country where people usually wear colorful clothes,this is very odd. Clothes, Food and almost all things are expensive since tax is in towering heights. Bike is the most preferred mode of transportation. Metro, train, bus and cars are only preferred in long travels. They believe in preserving the freshness of their air and that is what I love most about this country. Air is indeed very fresh. Cleanliness and hygiene all over the country is highly observed. There are less or no garbage at all and almost all places are spotless.
Danes love to drink a lot of beer for relaxation and warmth. It is no surprise that there are several types of beer in every special occasion of the year such as Christmas beer, Easter beer and so on. They have various tastes and levels of strength.
A love for their cultural heritage is very evident. The Little Mermaid which was popularly written by Hans Christian Andersen has a small statue in a certain area surrounded by water and is one of the most popular tourist destination in Denmark. Legoland, Amalienborg palace, Christiania, Nyhavn are also popular destinations.
In a nutshell, I would say that the country of Vikings is a great place to visit.



Comments
Post a Comment