Having been here for barely 3 months is a CHALLENGE. I had been to various ups and downs. There were a lot of times where I just want to give up, cry and even thought of going back to the Philippines but I often stop myself from doing so. Instead, I PRAY. Being in a country where you need to adjust to the culture, to the people and especially to the language barrier is a serious problem. Although I have a couple of friends to talk to, that feeling of loneliness and being alone seem to be endless especially when its coupled up with the 10-degree weather. It is never easy to cook your own food, wash your own clothes, pay your own rent, pay taxes, do groceries, budget money and of course, IRONING. Being overseas might be a dream for some, but it is never easy. Yes, you have higher pay but you pay higher price as well.
On the flip side, I had learned a lot. I have learned to treasure people. I have learned to appreciate little things in life, like nature and the smell of fresh sea breeze. I have learned how priceless simplicity is. I have learned the importance of family. I have learned household chores which I rarely do back home. I learned to value money and most of all, I have learned to strengthen my relationship with God more. He always listens.
I often ask myself, why? why do I have to go to another country where I need to suffer? Why should I not stay home and be with my family and live in comfort? but then something inside of me says, No. I want to build my own path, do my own way and find my own DESTINY.
On the flip side, I had learned a lot. I have learned to treasure people. I have learned to appreciate little things in life, like nature and the smell of fresh sea breeze. I have learned how priceless simplicity is. I have learned the importance of family. I have learned household chores which I rarely do back home. I learned to value money and most of all, I have learned to strengthen my relationship with God more. He always listens.
Comments
Post a Comment